"Fifty years after the founding of the modern right, conservatives hold just about every important government job, yet the conservative agenda has stalled." -David Brooks (good read)
"Each administration builds on the news-manipulation techniques of its predecessors." -Howard Kurtz
"Speeches by President Bush in recent weeks before military audiences about the Iraq war debate have raised questions about partisan issues being brought up in front of U.S. Armed Forces." -Greg Kelly, FoxNews.com (Courtesy Dan Froomkin.)
* The Pakistani quake recovery continues to falter.
* Administration rejects climate change talks wholesale.
* Reactions to the statewide smoking ban in Washington.
* Pathological racial bias as a mental illness?
* Helping the 33-year old man who never reached puberty.
* Deadly pollution in Iran.
* Planning a trip to Neptune.
* A new ocean begins to form - in Africa.
* Viacom to buy Dreamworks.
* The Farrelly brothers work on their next movie, about the Special Olympics. No, really.
'The enemy of the contemporary male TV hero is the legal, cultural and social infrastructure of the nation itself.'
Fans in uproar over simplification of Star Wars MMORPG.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.