E.J. Dionne Jr. notes that the coverup worked.
Dana Milbank on the lack of trust in the press briefing room.
Bono thinks our generation could wipe out poverty and disease.
TUESDAY *IS* NEWSDAY:
* The situation at Guantanamo remains desperate.
* Libby's team prepares for trail.
* Learning lessons from previous presidential scandals.
* A profile of the Supreme Court nominee, Alito. Also, details gleaned from his ruling on a 1991 abortion case. And an analysis of his conservative viewpoints.
* Budget season brings the clash of rhetoric vs. reality.
* Oh, my. Detailing Wal-mart's shady deal with the Labor Department. (Bonus: Wal-Mart's war room.)
* Supreme Court throws out cell phone appeal.
* New moons for Pluto?
* More on the Mel Gibson crazy beard issue.
Companies get increasingly involved in their employee's personal lives.
Next up from HBO: a Southern vampire drama.
Today's Wikipedia: Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet. (Courtesy Toltec.)
This just in: Writing simply makes you look smart. (Courtesy JubJub.)