"Vice presidential adviser I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby resigned after indictment on obstruction of justice, false statement and perjury charges." Also, who is Libby? (Bonus: BBC Q&A on the investigation.)
"The harm that President Bush and the conservative movement have inflicted on their drive to pack the Supreme Court won't be undone by Harriet Miers's withdrawal."
-E.J. Dionne Jr. (great read)
Islamic feminists call for a 'gender jihad.'
* Andrew Cohen on the Miers conspiracy theory.
* New scrutiny for the Red Cross, as they have to borrow more money.
* News analysis: a long couple years for Bush.
* News analysis: weakened, Bush faces new risks.
* The oil industry looks for a way to downplay all the money they're making off record-high gas prices.
* Ruling on cellular privacy upsets the FBI.
* Idaho county to sue farmers who employ illegal immigrants.
* DC taxes: good for stadium, bad for education.
* McDonald's to spin off Chipotle as an IPO.
* A new strike in the Kansas fight over evolution.
* So. Is Lucas done editing Star Wars?
Also, Sulu comes out of the closet.
Darren Aronofsky to direct an episode of Lost.
Stephen King to write new Dark Tower comic books. (Courtesy Selene.)