E.J. Dionne Jr. laments that short war on poverty. Speaking of which, consumer prices rise sharply.
'Pharmacies in black neighborhoods are much less likely to carry certain painkillers than those in white neighborhoods.'
* BAGnewsNotes starts taking a look at Frist.
* Scandal rocks Bush's second term. And the administration is beginning to worry about the CIA leak inquiry.
* Conservatives learn what it's like to get smeared by the Bush administration.
* Iraq and the administration's failure to communicate.
* Modern politics are awash in phoniness.
* The politcs of nominations.
* A world of fear inside Russia.
* "Financial friendly fire."
* This just in: Americans are rude.
* Rethinking the concept of the retirement age.
* Steven Spielberg teams up with Electronic Arts.
* Chewbacca becomes and American citizen.
Stephen Colbert interviews... himself.