-Tina Brown (good read)
Grim reality: pictures of (and commentary on) the real Iraq.
"In 2001, U.S. industry spent more on liability lawsuits than on research and development." (See also.)
"Honest Conservatives Awaken"
A LITTLE NEWS:
* Government spending $11 million a day on hotel rooms for Katrina refugees.
* Staff at New Orleans hospital discussed euthanizing patients. Also: discussing the life or death discussion.
* So. Who is Harriet Miers? Bush brings the role of religion back into the debate, and is taking flak for it.
* Can Feingold set an example for the Democrats?
* Battling over same-sex marriage in Texas.
* The Amtrak breakup plans proceed.
* Why is the NYTimes putting off the story on Miller's testimony?
* Meanwhile, Dubai continues to be goofy.
* An accidental find, in Beethoven's handwriting.
New James Bond named.