New trailers. All good directors.:
* The Ice Harvest - John Cusack *and* Oliver Platt, directed by Harold Ramis? Sign me up.
* North Country - I might see it, despite Woddy Harrelson as the crusading lawyer. Decent cast otherwise.
* Jarhead - Life and death in the first Gulf War. Good cast. Maybe.
* Brokeback Mountain - wide release for the gay cowboy movie, keen.
Emmy comments I missed:
* Lost totally earned its award for Drama Casting. Also, for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore.)
* Deadwood totally earned their award for... Outstanding Hairstyling?
* Congrats to Clone Wars for taking Outstanding Animated Program.
* Penn and Teller's Bullshit was *completely* robbed for Outstanding Reality Program.
* Congrats to Danny Elfman for Outstanding Main Title Theme Music for desperate Housewives, but honestly, I will pretend that it only won because the vote was split between Justice League and Stargate: Atlantis.
Looking forward to the big fall movies.
While we're here, Robin Laws on some film festival offerings.
"We're trying to reinvent Bond. He's 28: no Q, no gadgets."