* The Katrina disaster pulled back the curtain on the other national tragedy: poverty.
* "Hurricane Katrina has forced President Bush to confront the issues of race and poverty in a way that has shaken his presidency and altered his priorities."
* David Ignatius on the trials within Islam.
* Where were the Afghani voters?
* Bill Clinton continues his criticism of the White House.
I totally forgot to watch the Emmys. Luckily, the Post covered it. Here's the simple list of winners. Quick notes: kudoes to Lost and Daily Show. Tragically, Deadwood and Scrubs got shafted. Some strange winners in there too.
And, of course, happy Talk Like A Pirate Day, me hearties.
Updates, post 'em, I won't be online again until late tonight.