Storm Warning: Richard Haas on how the disaster has compromised our foreign policy.
So. Was Brownie set up?
* New Orleans brings back the poverty debate.
* Guantanamo hunger strike expands. American media continues to not cover the story.
* You know, all the cameras are nice, if you're into that sort of thing, but couldn't we spend money to prevent the terrorism instead?
* Never a terrorist when you need one.
* Schwarzenegger's rise and fall.
* Courtesy demigoth, America’s battered wife syndrome.
* Northram on changing the terminology.
* A black hole without a home?
* Write your own joke: growing land bulge found in Oregon.
* Jack Chick survives heart attack.
"Intelligent design" and making room for Marduk.
SI's best pics from week one of football.