Paul Krugman on the can't-do government.
Bush's presidential power grab.
* The world press reacts, as questions about the chaos pile up.
* More on the predictions of the levee failure.
* NYTimes editorial on the National Guard.
* "A City of Despair and Lawlessness"
* Mayor from New Orleans blasts federal government's reaction. Well worth the time to listen to the audio. (Link courtesy Ocho.)
* California Senate passes gay marriage bill.
* FBI to assess the threat from radicalized inmates.
* What will Specter's role be in the nomination hearings? Also, lawyers group opposes Roberts, and gives interesting reasons.
* David Ignatius, on Greenspan's humility.
* So, did Bush encourage his own kids to serve?
* Cindy Sheehan, the anti-American communist?
* They went to overtime in a pre-season game?
* The new rise of the documentary.
* Worlds of Warcraft tops a million players.
Spirit finally conquers its hill, and sends back a panoramic picture from Mars.
"If you're not laughing, watching A Sound of Thunder could possibly lower your IQ into the single digits. It's the worst movie of the year -- this year, 2055 or even one that featured living dinosaurs."