-E.J. Dionne Jr.
"The current state of our rail security system is worse than an accident waiting to happen; it is an open invitation to terrorists."
-Senator Joe Biden
Bush pushes intelligent design.
John Nichols on the Bolton embarrassment. Plus, an editorial on why the Democrats shouldn't complain about Bolton's recess appointment.
* How Roberts and Bolton are just more examples of Bush's federal power grab.
* Iran farther from the bomb than previously thought.
* Discussing women's rights in Afghanistan - on television.
* Eugene Robinson on sermons without stereotypes.
* How Atkins caused itself to go out of business.
* The Gulf dead zone is larger than originally thought.
* Florida State has the world's largest magnet.
* Sean Connery quits movies. Riiiight.
* What will George Lucas do next?
* He-Man comes to DVD this October.
A horrible crime, and why the killer can't be tried in court.
NYTimes on Wizard Magazine, the industry magazine for comic books.