Bob Herbert on oil and blood in the Middle East.
The subcontractor's tale illuminates the post-9/11 confusion, and how some cashed in on it.
* UN begins food airlifts to Niger.
* NYTimes analysis of Roberts' years as an advocate for the right. Meanwhile, the questions over questions remain. As does the debate over access to records.
* The IRA has formally ordered an end to its armed campaign. Will it make a difference?
* Judge approves GAYSROK license plate.
* Ted Rall: "Now is a superb time to get that abortion you've been putting off."
* Study finds no health benefits to echinacea.
* Are shorter men more likely to commit suicide?
* BBC explores the myths of Bigfoot and the Yeti.
* NBC in talks to buy DreamWorks.
* Stephen King lists his pop culture favorites.
Playing the future: commentary on the future of video games.
Converting Chaucer's tales to rap.
Casting updates for X3. Filming starts next week.