Methamphetamine has overtaken cocaine as the biggest drug problem in the country.
Sarah Vowell on being cheered up by Pat Robertson.
THE DRAMATIC RETURN OF NEWS:
* Wait, now the GOP wants to tone down the partisan rhetoric? Maybe you should have thought of that a few years ago, when you ramped it up.
* Concise speculation on the type of judge Bush might nominate for the Supreme Court. Howard Kurtz chimes in on the surreal coverage.
* Halliburton gets even more government money.
* New ads by the Democrats target six Republicans based on ethics.
* Ted Rall explains why Karl Rove is worse than Osama bin Laden.
* Sandra Day O'Connor, feminist folk hero.
* The dangerous border between DC and PG County.
* The American Academy of Pediatrics pushes for more than just abstinence.
* Questioning bisexuality in men (with bonus graphic.)
* APA warns psychologists on their role in detentions and torture.
* Evangelical Christians champion environmental conservation.
* Advocates push for more computer science in schools.
* Ten years later, Amazon.com is going strong.
* How London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics.
Admiral James Stockdale, former running mate of Ross Perot, passed away.
Sports Illustrated presents 25 revolutionary athletes.
In Pictures: the Dalai Lama's 70th birthday.