AND NOW IT'S A NEWS AVALANCHE:
* Africa is once again in crisis.
* Hey, way to go freeing Afghanistan and all.
* The US isn't alone in unlawful detentions: Israel has over 5,000 Palestinians in custody.
* Government is reconsidering foreign propaganda, as they figured out the US isn't too popular overseas.
* Japan-led group decodes the rice genome, while an observatory at the South Pole gathers more evidence on the birth of the universe.
* Librarians take on the White House, as others banish some words.
* Free speech and online journals.
* And let Oscar speculation begin