Good read: an interview with potential 2008 candidate Mark Warner. (Courtesy watchdog_va.)
Republicans go after the *real* enemy - the Red Cross.
* Evangelicals building a base in Iraq.
* "Investigators from the United Nations have accused the US of stalling over their repeated requests to visit detainees at Guantanamo Bay."
* "A Pentagon inquiry's finding of no overt religious discrimination at the Air Force Academy strains credibility."
* David Brooks warns against running a war by polls.
* Increased criticism of the Republicans who voted against the Senate's lynching apology.
* Bob Herbert on Jeb Bush's abuse of power.
* "The Bush administration's response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks has dangerously undermined U.S. scientific enterprise and national security by abridging the constitutional and academic freedoms that have long fostered the nation's technical superiority."
* "Two influential experts say the Bush administration's plans for human space exploration are doomed to failure without a major infusion of money and fundamental changes in space policy."
* HBO still profitable, but facing new competition.
* Southern Baptists end eight-year Disney boycott.
Public broadcasting walks a fine line while they work to fight threats to their funding.