Betting big on real estate's 'trillion dollar bet.'
Whoo! House votes to curtail parts of the Patriot Act.
SON OF THE BRIDE OF NEWS:
* Anne Applebaum on the grand illusion of airport security.
* More cracks appear in the administration's Iraq story.
* Republicans are looking for a social security exit strategy.
* Investigating public broadcasting payments to Republican lobbyists.
* David Brooks on the loss of middlebrow culture.
* Group urges more polygamy prosecutions.
* Virginia and Maryland get leeway in No Child Left Behind enforcement.
* Grim find on the Red Line this morning.
* Half-male, half-female crab discovered.
* Why celebrities win trials.
* The mixed message of an industry crackdown on hip-hop mixtapes.
* Two reality shows that might be worth watching.
* ET watched the last episode of the Britney show, so you didn't have to.
Technology means people works longer hours.
Web comics find big audiences.
Happy 25th birthday, Pac-man.