* Amnesty International slams the administration over human rights.
* Fallout from the judicial nominee compromise points to an upcoming power struggle in the GOP.
* Dottie Lynch on Congress's low poll numbers.
* Ted Rall discusses the record of our ally Uzbekistan.
* Federal counsel says laws don't offer protection against discrimination by gays.
* Voinovich issues letter urging his colleagues to vote against Bolton.
* Voyager reaches the end of the solar system.
* Disney is looking to cash in on the Muppets.
* One author's year in following NASCAR.