DC area traffic is the third worst in the country. So, if you're not from LA or SanFran, you can shut the hell up. :}
Is this the twilight of conservatism?
Homeland Security considers changing its color system. Also, they consider made-for-TV movies. No, really.
* There's a reason no one is building any new oil refineries, despite a desperate need.
* Nicholas Kristof on warnings for the Catholic Church from one of its biggest population centers.
* Robert Scheer explains how our loss was our gain in Vietnam.
* Should gang violence be a federal crime?
* ACLU fights for cohabitation.
* Senator Voinovich is known for hid independent tendencies.
* The aftermath of the Blair victory, and what it means for other elections.
* A microcosm of the NoVA office building situation.
* Searching for the source of sexual orientation in the brain.
* Today's sp00ky science: chimerism, blood mingling, and vanishing twins.
* A web of sensors to take superdetailed measurements for environmental study.
* A Christian rock concert... in Morocco?
* Man, Schwarzenegger really cleaned up making Terminator 3.
* Whoo! Public TV and radio get big grants.
Fascinating: essay on Orwell, avoiding utopia, envisioning heaven, and unfun socialists. (Courtesy Iceman.)
Stray dog carries off baby, but in a good way. (Courtesy Ivy.)
Hollywood gets worried as revenues and attendance continues to drop.
Frank Ahrens, on the end of the Star Trek era. (Bonus: LiveOnline transcript.)