"Army officials knew within days of Pat Tillman's death that the former NFL player had been killed by fellow Rangers during a patrol in Afghanistan but did not inform his family and the public for weeks."
Dick Meyer on Pat Robertson's comments that activist judges are worse than al Qaeda. Again, seriously.
* "The Defense Department acknowledged yesterday that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have stressed the U.S. military to a point where it is at higher risk of less swiftly and easily defeating potential foes."
* The drug war shifts to target marijuana. Report released the same day links the wacky weed to mental illness.
* "[The Air Force Academy] is being held hostage in a vise grip by evangelical Christians, and people are terrified to come forward."
* Officials meet to figure out what to do about Warren Jeffs's polygamist fundamentalist Mormon sect.
* Is Jeffords's empty seat in Vermont about to be filled by the "last of the Whigs"?
* Two Democrats linked to Abramoff now.
* Gerrymandered Texas Democrat sets his sights on DeLay's House seat.
* Analysis: Blair races to define his legacy. Sound familiar?
* Thomas Friedman on the Islamic culture of death.
* China works carefully to reign in nationalism.
* The Iraqi cabinet is finally sworn in. Well, some of it.
* Twelve more moons for Saturn.
* Fossil provides clues on fish evolution.
* Brain-damaged fireman displays a remarkable recovery, ten years later, entering a murky area of science.
* 30th dynasty mummy displayed in Egypt.
* WW2 eyewitness account to the German surrender.
Differing historical perspectives bring controversy to the new movie about the Crusades. Post writer looks behind the scenes to director Ridley Scott. Mmmm, Saladin.
Texas House passes "booty bill", to outlaw excessive rump-shaking on the playing field. I wish I was joking.
Mystery solved by Napoleon's pants!
Stephen Colbert to spin-off a new show from The Daily Show.
DCFUD rates, well, DC food. And more.