"But something important has happened since President Bush's inauguration. America's moderates may not be screaming, but they're in revolt. Many who reluctantly supported the president and the Republicans in 2004 are turning away."
-E.J. Dionne Jr.
This poll gives me hope for our country. (See article from yesterday here.)
"The Republican campaign to breach the wall between church and state is having a corrosive effect on policymaking and the lives of Americans."
"These are scary times. The nation is in the control of extremists who want to merge church and state."
-Katrina vanden Heuvel
"Mr. Bush and his party talk only to their base - corporate interests and the religious right - and are oblivious to everyone else's concerns."
* Post editorial on lack of action over Abu Ghraib and other scandalous abuses.
* Report says there's no evidence Syria took in Iraqi WMDs.
* Dan Froomkin on Bush as a minority leader.
* News analysis: the policy subtext in the Bolton nomination battle.
* And just when we're getting somewhere, Reid talks http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/25/senate.judges/index.html">compromise</a>. Stupid politics.
* "The single greatest failure of the Bush administration's foreign policy is its refusal to negotiate bilaterally with North Korea." -Nicholas Kristof
* Homeland security officers suffer limits on their free speech.
* Marines in combat overseas still need armor and backup.
* Microsoft withdrew its support for an anti-discrimination bill due to boycott threats.
* Texas officials are OK with fines over ignoring No Child Left Behind.
* Only one way to detect a neutrino.
* Bob Scheiffer on the news that slips through the cracks.
The future of Star Wars on television.