-President Bush (courtesy Dan Froomkin.)
News special: check out Iceman's journal for some good reading on the MinuteMen border patrols.
Political reformers in the Middle East make gains, thanks to technology and media.
So, uh, after all that trouble, our airports aren't any safer.
* Political shenanigans: sneaking Clear Air Act changes.
* Thomas Friedman on how Bush is costing us the globalization war.
* Barry Petersen on Japan's historical amnesia.
* Looking at the new State Department under Dr. Rice.
* John Tierney on some controversial theories behind NYC's dropping crime rate.
* Departmental review slams pundit payoffs.
* Michael Schiavo cleared of abuse allegations. Again.
* Senator Kyl ponders an EMP attack by terrorists.
* New TV networks vie for the gay and lesbian audience.
Daniel Handler (a.k.a. Lemony Snicket) on H.P. Lovecraft.