Maryland Democrats close the legislative session with a big agenda push.
Must read: Howard Kurtz on the future of dying newspapers, the Republican war on the judiciary, Bush's record-low poll numbers, and much more.
* Tracking the Marburg virus in Angola.
* Iraqis still lack some basic rights.
* Saudi Arabia bans forced marriages.
* Hey, what about the deficit?
* Looking at alternatives to the 'nuclear option' ending of the filibuster crisis.
* Joel Engel on the perversion of the word "liberal."
* Growing scandal in Canada.
* New York gambling not bringing in the money they wanted.
* New biography of Oppenheimer.
* Lucrative book publisher moves operations to Hollywood.
Cool science: the future of extreme textiles.
Photo gallery of famous men crying (courtesy Velvet.)