Jim Hoagland on the backlash and paradox of modern society's mixing of religion and politics.
WHOLE LOTTA NEWS:
* Whoops! Turns out that Republican political memo on Schiavo wasn't a hoax after all. (PDF of the actual memo here.)
* Annan says the UN Human Rights Commission is doing more harm than good.
* Curveball: concealing intelligence failures hurts the nation.
* The GOP rallies behind DeLay - sort of.
* Should the Pope have stepped down?
* PG county test video cameras on school buses.
* Check out the Navy's 13 inch spy plane. (Courtesy Northram.)
* Weblogs become powerful tools for communication across the world.
* Bono's war on poverty and AIDS.
* Bush is asked to pardon boxer Jack Johnson.
More galactic secrets unveiled by the Chandra space telescope.