Last night was the karaoke fundraiser for the Women's Prison Literacy Initiative of Baltimore at Club Hippo . I was pleasantly pleased to find out it was more of a bar than a club. Got there early, having left enough time to get lost in Baltimore. You know, just in case. rackletang came in as I was watching the end of American Idol , and got introduced to grrangela and a couple others. The karaoke was held in the not-overly-large piano bar in the back. Decent turnout, twenty-something people, I would guesstimate. So, yeah, plenty of songs for us. I mostly stuck to stuff I had done before, as I wasn't feeling overly creative (*cough*Abba*cough*) and the selection wasn't tremendously large (or well-organized.) (No, seriously, there was three separate sections of "Songs by Artist" with a lot of overlap. Ditto by title.) But hey, it's all for a good cause. And any time I can drink and sing badly for a good cause, more's the better. I should also thank Kristen, our patient DJ for putting up with our shenanigans. Since we were sorta the biggest group there. SONGS WE DID: Dona Quixote: "Killing Me Softly" me: "Suspicious Minds" McShifty: "And She Was" Ivy: "Come To My Window" Spence: "With or Without You" Baldur: "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" (Some other group did a duet of "Whoomp! There It Is!") Dona Quixote: "Why'd You Come In Here Looking Like That?" me: "Time After Time" (which became a surprise duet with Spence.) McShifty: "Love and Marriage"... until the CD failed! So he went with... McShifty: "Rockin' the Suburbs" (wait, they have Ben Folds?) Ivy: "You Outta Know" (some frat-looking dude did Madonna's "Dress You Up") Spence: "The Music of the Night" (some chick named Cruise or Cruz did "Fever") (!) The Kim Experience (featuring Paul)* - "Love Shack" me: "Word Up" Dona Quixote: "Baby One More Time" Ivy: "Whole Lotta Love" (with bonus air guitar!) Spence: "Jeremy Spoke" McShifty: "Lookin' Out My Back Door" Baldur: "Sweet Child of Mine" me: "L.A. Woman" (I honestly don't remember putting that in.) Ivy: "What's Up?" (Allow me to take a minute here to note that, at some point during the night, McShifty drank the bar out of Heiniken. Seriously.) Spence: "Big Balls" (heh) McShifty: "Bohemian Rhapsody" (hee) me: "Tainted Love" Dona Quixote and Ivy: "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (hee, dancing) (and dramatic reenactment!) Spence: "Dancin' with Myself" McShifty: "Penny Lane" Ivy: "Mickey" (!) * - And thanks to McShifty for coming up with this name. As always, corrections appreciated.