CIA detention practices remain largely secret
'Afghan prisoner's death took two years to become public, illustrating agency's lack of scrutiny on detainee treatment and allegations of abuse.'
* DeLay struggles with issues on the Hill and eroding support at home.
* Greenspan says huge federal budget deficits are "unsustainable."
* Poll shows Bush lacks public support for social security change. CBS goes over the numbers.
* Ted Rall discusses eminent domain and forced gentrification.
* Maureen Dowd: "Women have become so fixated on not withering, they've forgotten that there are infinite ways to be beautiful."
Great read: Frank Rich on what's wrong with our media culture. "Today's White House press corps is less likely to be invaded by maverick talents like a drug-addled reporter than by a paid propagandist like Jeff Gannon."