LAST MINUTE NEWS:
* New heights of jackassery: federal deficits likely to skyrocket just after Bush leaves office. Yeah, that's really fiscally responsible.
* Post analysis: US plan didn't include elected Iraqi party with ties to Iran.
* Will this be the third year in a row with record-high temperatures? Global warming much? Are jets to blame?
* Today's awesome headline: Mexico fights spectre of narcopolitics
* Australian captive reports rampant torture.
* Oh, lord, Chalabi's back.
* Sedna could hold secrets to Earth's past.
* Sixty years later, Dresden remains a tough subject. (Bonus: gallery.)
* Turns out there's ten things we didn't know this time last week.