-President George W. Bush, news conference transcript
"Starkly put, Baghdad is not under control, either by the Iraqi interim government or the American military."
Another great read:
Frank Rich on the troops, the inauguration, and a new movie that shows Iraq both as Vietnam redux and the un-Vietnam, Gunner Palace.
So, how did it work out for Chile when they privatized their social security plans?
* Role of US troops in Iraqi election criticized.
* Analysis: at the news conference, Bus tried to keep talk of Iraq positive. Also, the case of a man jailed in Jordan.
* Bush urges an end to contracts with commentators.
* Meanwhile, Maureen Dowd joins the conservative media elite. heh.
* Bush warns Iran not to meddle in Iraq's election. Insert sarcastic comment here.
* Homeland Security department is the testbed for the administration's new personnel system.
* Dick Meyer on the Harvard president's predicament and heresy in modern America.
* When is religion OK in school?
* Pressure builds to fix Maryland schools.
* University of Maryland in-state tuition to go up, after all.
Cross-examining "Exonerated," the anti-death penalty play premiering tonight on Court TV.