No foreign observers for Iraqi vote. This is bad news. Also, time extended for exiles to register, since so few did.
* Duelling Post analyses: An Ambitious President Advances His Idealism vs. Bush's Words On Liberty Don't Mesh With Policies.
* Tom Shales on the inauguration.
* David Brooks with an optimistic look at the ideas and realities.
* Plus, an analysis of how Bush's overtures are being met in Europe. Oddly enough, the Arab world wasn't pleased.
* Suffice it to say, opinions are mixed on the next four years.
* Huh. Iran says women are allowed to run for president there.
* New test shows we might be more biased than we think we are. (Courtesy Operative X.)
* European suicide study shows interesting results.
* Howzabout an ancient untranslated astronomy text in a language no one knows. (Courtesy thewronghands.)
* Ooh, they're finally releasing the 80's Twilight Zone on DVD.
* A graphic novel on epilepsy.
* A review of Life Aquatic, and an essay on Wes Anderson and the hipster generation. Or something. (Courtesy Emerald.)