Justice Dept. opens inquiry into prisoner abuse scandal.
Paul Krugman notes the privatization of social security in the UK is a cautionary tale for us.
From news services: "RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- A religious court has sentenced 15 people, including a woman, to as many as 250 lashes each and up to six months in prison for participating in a protest last month against the monarchy, judicial officials said."
Dick Meyer on the crises crisis.
Hahaha. "Bush rethinks aggressive words."
* Tsunami aftermath: villages just completely disappeared; not even bodies remain. Also, the danger of landmines is amplified.
* The deeper meaning behind Ukraine's pullout of the 'coalition of the willing.'
* GA judge orders anti-evolution stickers removed from textbooks.
* Bush plans cuts in HUD. Guess who gets shafted. HINT: it's not big business.
* E.J. Dionne, on the new liberalism, and Democrats showing their values.
* Lutherans focus on tolerance on their gay policy.
Ooh. BBC to show newly discovered 100-year old footage of life in Britain.
Huygens probe enters Titan's atmosphere.
UPDATE: Huygens has landed on Titan.
UPDATE: Ali G causes trouble at a rodeo.