Germany investigates an American link into a kidnapping and torture claim.
Jim Hoagland on the real global challenge: economic policy.
Terrifying first-hand account of the chlorine gas leak in SC.
Also, a personal account of a BBC correspondent facing the horrors of the tsunami aftermath.
* Facing the tsunami crisis breaks new diplomatic ground - but not how you think.
* In the face of the unprecedented charity for the tsunami victims, the BBC asks, how much should we give?
* The unemployed are forced to wait longer to find new work.
* You know, someone's going to have to do something about Metro sooner or later.
* Senator Warner? *President* Warner?</a>
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.