* Army historian notes there was no real postwar plan for Iraq, and that's what's crippled us there.
* Crippling energy shortages in Iraq irritate the local populace.
* Freed French hostage speaks of his captivity on 'Planet Bin Laden.'
* Massachusetts sees instant results from its new electronic gun check system.
* Virginia sees success, ten years after it eliminated parole.
* Colbert King on tough faith during the holidays, and what steams up as well (hint: it's Falwell.)
* The NBA tries to please both sides of the culture gap.
* The OnionAVClub presents the cheap toy roundup.