* Today's must-read: Fiddling as Iraq burns.
* "I have a very strong sense that the mental health consequences are going to be the medical story of this war." Experts expect a flood of veterans returning with psychiatric problems - and no one is counting them as casualties of the war.
* Privatizing social security? Look at how well it's worked for other countries.
* The new silent war against journalists.
* Making the case for the 'United States of Europe' as the new superpower.
* Worst idea evar: President Bush has ordered plans for temporarily disabling the U.S. network of global positioning satellites during a national crisis to prevent terrorists from using the navigational technology.