Howard Kurtz blasts Tommy Thompson for holding his tongue until he was out of office. Also included: Dr. Rice getting her proper credit, the war against 'anonymice,' and a hidden tidbit about... Rove's dating history.
What can you do about the administration making abortions harder and harder to get? How about starting an abortion fund locally?
* Few leads in the Charles county arson case.
* DIA chief's June memo details serious allegations of prisoner brutality. FBI agents allege prisoner mistreatment in Guantanamo.
* British request probe into civilian deaths in Iraq.
* Night raids by Marine Strike Force Two have proven effective, but brutal.
* Voting and civil rights advocates say the election did not go as smoothly as Americans might think.
* Bush replaces head of civil rights panel with someone who will be less critical.
* World Opinion Wrapup: winners and losers in Russia's Ukraine coverage.
* New Zealand debates gay marriage.
* Fred Barnes lists five reasons Bush isn't the president we expected.
* The Virginia wiretap case that brought down their GOP leaders.
* New NASA report finds changing your sleep schedule may be tougher and more harmful than we thought.
* ' U.K. Officials advise less use of antidepressants: British regulators urge most patients complaining of depression to try other options before drugs are prescribed.'
* 'Brainwave cap' moves one step forward to controlling computer devices through thought power.
* Hubble finds 'youngest galaxy.' (A mere 500 million years old!)
* NASA's longest-serving astronaut is set to retire.
* Linguist deciphers the word 'dude.'
* Bob Schieffer's memories of Tom Brokaw.
* New Natonal Archives exhibit shows presidents in unguarded moments.
* MTV article about trenchcoat-wearing superheroes.
Outrageous: 27 of the 56 schools with bowl-bound college football teams graduated less than half their players, a study released Tuesday shows.
"In Japan, the internet has been blamed for a spate of group suicides which appear to have been arranged in online chat rooms."
Heavy (and shady) loans by Warren Jeffs's Fundamentalist Mormon sect causes a bank to collapse.
[EDIT: new links added in comments section, most recent - 11:33 am.]