How the whole red state vs. blue state got started.
NYTimes.com graphic of the political ad war of 2004.
OMG, if Rehnquist's illness means Bush makes a recess appointment to the Supreme Court, I'm going to thow a hissy fit.
* Jefferson Morley's World Opinion Roundup and bonus LiveOnline transcript.
* Why Thomas Friedman endorses George Bush.
* Aw, that's sweet. Maryland gangs form a truce.
* All politics is local: eleven states pick governors today.
* Man, I wonder why the Army National Guard is having problems signing up new recruits.
* Globalization: English identity vs. the chain store.
* The movies of the fall.
Whoah. There are lakes of water, beneath the Antarctic glaciers, that have been isolated for up to *15 million years.*
I heard it on NPR:
Fresh Air interview with George Carlin is quite possibly one of the best things I have heard on the radio in a while. Intelligent, entertaining, and informative.