Setting the stage: as I am not overwhelmed with duties, and kind of in a weird limbo at work, I've been working 7 am to 3 pm, which keeps me free from the majority of traffic. Actually, I see traffic forming, I just truck by it.
So this afternoon, I get a call from one of the other placement people (not my regular) right after I get home, asking if I can come in to work... tonight. See, my placement lady explained there was a rush job in Rockville, one they desperately needed more warm bodies to fill. I told them, I would be more than happy, but the job was Wed-Sat, 6 pm to midnight, and I had class yesterday evening. But again, I would surely do the rest of the week, if they called. I guess I should have specified "as long as you tell me before I work a solid day in Virginny." Oh, and preferably with more than two hours notice. But again, I offered to come in late (when RQ gets home. No abandoning bebe.) She says she will check with them, and call me back. That was, oh, a few hours ago.
Intra-company interview for a different placement entirely tomorrow. Though I suspect it might be a setup, and that it's actually just an 'interview' with some of the other placement people, so they can figure out what to do with me. I have explained excessively, I can type quickly, and alphabetize like it's going out of style.
Oh, anyone out there happen to have last night's Smallville on tape?
So this afternoon, I get a call from one of the other placement people (not my regular) right after I get home, asking if I can come in to work... tonight. See, my placement lady explained there was a rush job in Rockville, one they desperately needed more warm bodies to fill. I told them, I would be more than happy, but the job was Wed-Sat, 6 pm to midnight, and I had class yesterday evening. But again, I would surely do the rest of the week, if they called. I guess I should have specified "as long as you tell me before I work a solid day in Virginny." Oh, and preferably with more than two hours notice. But again, I offered to come in late (when RQ gets home. No abandoning bebe.) She says she will check with them, and call me back. That was, oh, a few hours ago.
Intra-company interview for a different placement entirely tomorrow. Though I suspect it might be a setup, and that it's actually just an 'interview' with some of the other placement people, so they can figure out what to do with me. I have explained excessively, I can type quickly, and alphabetize like it's going out of style.
Oh, anyone out there happen to have last night's Smallville on tape?