Carter fears vote trouble in Florida again this year. Here's his letter to the Post.
Bob Herbert looks at Powell then and now.
Well, whaddya know. Hamdi is being released without any charges being filed.
Sikh group redefines their role at 'warrior-saints' to land government contracts in homeland security.
Andy Rooney tells people not to vote.
* David Ingatius has a pretty good case that the terrorists are failing at their real goals.
* Terrorists target the oil industry, to great effect.
* BBC analysis of Al-Qaeda, three years later.
* BBC debates the effects of the Iraq war on our election. Meanwhile, Paul Krugman reminds us the debates should be about substance, not swagger.
* Army considers reducing tours of duty in combat zones.
* Truckers risk their lives in Iraq daily.
* BBC Q&A on the debat over changing the UN security council.
* Is Israel behind a car bomb in Syria?
* Disability office sued under its own law.
* New brain implant offers help to epileptics.
* Scientists identify the gene that controls a baby's first breath.
* Suburban sprawl reported to be hazardous to the health of its residents.
* The head of Virgin wants to break into the space tourism market.
* Living goddess makes public appearance in Nepal.
* Swiss find 86-acre mushroom.
Wandering through the Smithsonian's primary off-site storage facility.
Wikis spread across the net.
Transcript of the O'Reilly interview on 60 Minutes. Alternately infuriating and interesting.