Previous theories of world overpopulation seem to be evaporating.
Woo! NYTimes editorial on why we should eliminate the Electoral College.
Jim Hoagland looks at the aftermath of the siege on Najaf.
Peaceful (but huge) protests welcome the Republicans in New York City. BBC correspondent talks about the culture clash between NYC and the Republicans. NYTimes analysis finds the protests "upstaging."
* Where is the accountability for the administration and senior military? Documents show abuse starting at the top levels.
* The Israeli spy's trail leads deeper, but is harmed by publicity.
* BBC Q&A on the struggle for Afghani democracy. You remember, that other country we're occupying that everyone forgets about.
* The administration is cutting back on the data collected about charter schools. Wonder why.
* A tax break we can all get behind.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.