Post editorial on how the Abu Ghraib reports should be handled by the administration, and who should shoulder the blame.
Good read: George F. Will, on the majesty of space exploration.
* Howell Raines on "the dumb factor."
* Israel readies to take on Iran.
* Anti-American protests in Greece turn ugly. *Coincidentally,* Powell decides he is too busy to visit the closing ceremony of the Olympics. Uh, bullshit Klaus.
* Greenspan again calls for cuts in Medicare and Social Security. Dude, ain't gonna happen before November.
* Rove says he is not the power behind the throne.
* FCC cuts public access to phone outage information.
* UK warnings of 'chain stores creating clone towns.'
* Paul Donnelly on a banned Muslim scholar.
* Bill Grant on rudeness and unsportsmanlike behavior during the Olympics.
* Republicans plan to hold a tribute to Johnny Cash during their convention.
An essay by a journalist discussing why he chose not to have a lifesaving heart operation.
"I think [John Kerry] going to Vietnam was more heroic than my flying fighter jets. He was in harm's way and I wasn't."
-President George W. Bush