The New York Times looks at the formation of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth organization came about, and its ties to the Bush campaign. Oh, and points out inconsistencies in all the statements from the attack ad. (bonus: graphic.) Howard Kurtz look at the media and the Swift Boat campaign.
So. Will the Republican moderates have any voice at their convention?
Gene Weingarten rides a bus in Jerusalem, and reports on a culture of
Good read: Paul Krugman on 'the Rambo Coalition.'
What if there was a tie for electoral votes? (Courtesy angela_la_la.)
200 prisoners are being held without charges in a private prison in New York City. (Courtesy Iceman.)
* Goss wanted to slash intelligence personnel budget back in the late 1990's.
* Nifty BBC Q&A on the skyrocketing price of oil.
* Bob Herbert on the voter freeze-out in Florida.
* The balance of power shifts in PG County.
* Scientists engineer a mouse that can run twice as far before getting tired.
* Queen becomes the first rock group to have an album released in Iran.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.
...and more lat0r.