Questioning the motive behind the new terror alert. Since there's, you know, no new information out there. Dan Froomkin goes over the un-story as well.
* Jim Hoagland has five points of reality that Bush missed in his speech.
* Ted Rall knows why Kerry isn't energizing young voters.
* Maureen Dowd behind the scenes with the Democrats.
* Thomas Friedman wants an investigative commission to look forward.
* What the current investigations into the prisoner abuse scandals are missing.
* Kissinger phone records unsealed.
* NYTimes admits it was wrong about the whole WMD thing.
* Ehrlich wants to impose more 'user fees' (not taxes) in MD.
* Boston Archdiocese to close 70 parishes.
* "The curse of beauty for serious musicians."
* MTV plans to launch gay cable network.
Russian border guards ordered to smile.
Horror actor finds out he's an actual prince.