The Runner-Up: South African drunk donkey cart driver fined
* WashingtonPost.com editorial on the culture of corruption in the military.
* Now we're raiding Chalabi's house. Man, he's *really* not popular anymore.
* Maureen Dowd on more infighting in the Republican ranks.
* Legal and ethics probes into government scientists.
* Administration broke the law with its fake news reports.
* USDA was importing beef from Canada, breaking its own ban.
* Ted Rall, on watching the pro-war pundits eat crow.
* Terry M. Neal, on how Bush is losing support among black voters.
* Quick look at CBS's fall schedule. Nothing interesting. OK, some Sinese, but otherwise.
* Family Guy returns to TV next fall.
* OK, Portugal has *awesome* riot gear.
The Nation asks: is Bush a conservative at all?