Second must-read: the danger of a single-standard. (Courtesy Dona Quixote.)
"A dozen members of Congress yesterday called for the resignation of the two Food and Drug Administration officials most responsible for last week's decision to keep emergency contraception a prescription-only drug."
Today's "well, duh" headline: 80% in Iraq Distrust Occupation Authority
The runner-up: Newlyweds advised to lower hopes
ABU GHRAIB AND IRAQ:
* Line between contractor and soldier becoming more blurred.
* Harsh interrogation methods approved by the CIA and Justice Dept. right after 9/11.
* Human Rights Watch accuses the administration of Afghani abuses.
* Rumsfeld defends prison.
* World Opinion Roundup on the pro-war press overseas breaking with the administration.
* Europe faces a domestic uproar.
* Bush only reads the sports section of the newspapers.
* Yes, I am sure this new Medicare system, with *73* different cards, is much better.
* Gang fight started in internet chat room. (Courtesy Regent.)
NIFTY SCIENCE NEWS:
* Codebreakers trying to find the location of the Holy Grail.
* Physicists probe ancient pyramid with cosmic rays.