Dare I say, Van Helsing is one of the worst movies I have seen this year. Let me append that. It's a great comedy, I laughed throughout the whole thing. The bad script is only overshadowed by the impressively terrible and illogical plot. Hugh Jackman *will* win an award for worst hair extensions in a film this year. There's just a shopping list of this wrong with it. (Like, say, James Bond scenes. Yeesh.)

I will give it credit over League of Extraordinary Gentlemen though. Van Helsing, much like the Mummy movies before it, was aware of its badness, and that gave them a little leeway to get away with more stuff (like, say, the ropes and cables *everywhere.* It was like a Tarzan movie.) LXG never had the lighthearted 'fun' aspect going for it, and that really hurt it in the long run.

OK, there were a couple good points too, which prove they could have made a better movie if they wanted. Richard Roxburgh was *great* as Dracula. Seriously, I loved every minute he was in. The guy playing Frankenstein's monster was also unexpectedly good. Kate Beckinsale definitely has a career as an action star ahead of her. And the grave digger!

Sigh. But anyways. If you don't want it spoiled, don't read the comments, because I know there will be some discussion here. And if you *are* going to see it, have a couple drinks first. Trust me on this one.