* Very important to consider the progress vs. the perception in Iraq.
* Military describes successes from Guantanamo prisoner interrogations.
* US realigning troops deployed overseas.
* Excerpts from the Supreme Court arguments for removing 'under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance.
* Thomas Friedman looks at the big picture for Spain and the Middle East.
* Battle over prenatal rights vs. women's rights.
* Europeans getting together to get Bush out of office. (Courtesy Callico.)
* EU has a different version of regulating big business.
* Three decades of progress haven't improved children's care dramatically.
* Examining the benefits of teaching children culture.
* Florida's faith-based prison opens. (Courtesy Uzbekistan.)
* New evidence forces us to rethink the nature of, well, matter itself.
* 800 nearby stars, no radio broadcasts.
* Robot battles reveal cultural divides.
* The classic evolutionary choice: big jaws, or a bigger brain?
* AWESOME. McDonald's plans to market kids' clothing.
* Is there anything worse than being the guy slapped by Richard Simmons?
* To fight back against Mel Gibson, Life of Brian rereleased. (courtesy Latinate.)
* Sony already sets a date for Spider-man 3.