Republicans worried Bush's screwups might hurt reelection chances. Gee, and here I was just worried that his screwups are screwing up the nation.
Nicholas Kristof looks into 117 deaths per day.
* Iran freezes nuclear inspections.
* What Haiti's volatile state means for everyday life on the street.
* Determining a legal definition of retardation for death penalty cases. (Courtesy Operative X.)
* Justice department wants more access to wiretap the interweb.
* WP editorial on espionage and the public perception.
More insight into the world of espionage analysis.
* Latin America and the word "terrorist."
* Oooh, I like that Kerry wanted monthly debates with Bush. That would have ruled.
* Thomas Friedman sees links between globalization, outsourcing... and terrorism.
* Maureen Dowd wants Bush to take some responsibility also.
* BBC asks: who is to blame over obesity?
* The Pentagon's robot race ends without a winner.
* OK, how about a video game version of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, but set in the future, based off artwork by Moebius?