Also, in 1953, Soviet dictator Josef Stalin died at age 73 after 29 years in power.
Big news: GOP aides blamed for leaking documents.
Bush's ads using 9/11 imagery already causing controversy.
Here's the Bush commercial Maureen Dowd wants to see.
MORE, MORE, MORE:
* So, if the EPA missed the DC lead problem...
* Critical shortages persist in Iraqi hospitals (warning: rough.)
* Plan outlined for detainee review in Guantanamo Bay.
* Good read: Thomas Friedman observes the new era of globalization shrinking the world.
* CIA fights an uphill battle in Iraq.
* Justice Blackmun's papers made public.
* Russia targets a second business mogul.
* David S. Broder awards his Oscars for the Democratic primaries.
* Pre-human linked to ape line.
* Daytime Emmy nominees named, if you care.