Also, in 1945, the Yalta Agreement was signed by Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Josef Stalin.
25 years ago today, followers of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini seized power in Iran.
ComCast makes a bid for Disney.
Antiwar forum brings federal subpoenas.
* Haiti is still about to fall apart.
* Missing Russian candidate didn't realize he was missing.
* Interactive chart of military and economic trends in postwar Iraq. (Just the chart itself.)
* Environment comes out in bad shape from this budget.
* Robert Samuelson on dishonest budget talk.
* Post calls Bush on some really wrong statements.
* Meanwhile, Bush's chief economists praises moving American jobs overseas. Good work!
* Anti-gay marriage amendment in the works.
* Bush releases his National Guard records, but questions linger. This NYTimes editorial reviews the points.
* Immigration backlog grows even larger.
* Utah gives the finger to No Child Left Behind.
* Why does Bush have so much trouble with, well, words?
* Local news: PG schools erase deficit.
* Wacky controversy over the death of Atkins.
* Interview with NPR Marketplace's David Brancaccio. (Courtesy Magistrate.)
* Australian swimmer drives for medical attention, with the shark still attached.
* Straight Dope report: did the Greeks borrow the Egyptian gods?
THIS JUST IN: Rumsfeld says he cannot remember hearing the claim that Iraq could launch weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes. (Courtesy Iceman.)
"Due to budget crunches, Bush has had to scale some of the programs. He has a new program, 'Leave A Couple of Kids Behind.'"