Happy birthday to Rosa Parks (91) and George A. Romero (64).
Woo! Massachusetts backs same-sex marriages.
"Because the proposed law by its express terms forbids same-sex couples entry into civil marriage, it continues to relegate same-sex couples to a different status. The history of our nation has demonstrated that separate is seldom, if ever, equal."
-Chief Justice Margaret H. Marshall
Thomas Friedman on a rude awakening in the Middle East.
Nicholas Kristof slams Bush's budget policies.
* UN warns of looming crisis in Colombia.
* Learning from Frist's ricin scare.
* Bush changes his mind, backs extension to 9/11 probe.
* Pakistani scientist apologizes for handing over nuclear secrets. Gee, thanks.
* We can't address the balooning national debt until we get more government transparency.
* Meanwhile, an Italian commentator looks at our budget problem through European eyes.
* Rumsfeld *still* says WMD may turn up in Iraq.
* Hee, Maureen Dowd mentions Jon Stewart.)
* McGovern sets things straight. Yes, that McGovern.
Wait, Lieberman dropped out? Who could have predicted that?