-Albert Einstein, 1955, on the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine
On this day in 1947, the U.N. General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the partitioning of Palestine between Arabs and Jews.
TOO MUCH NEWS:
* Innocent man held for over two years - without charges - in the name of the war on terrorism. And he's not alone.
* Missile defense technology to be deployed next year. Maybe.
* Bush's financial plans crippled going into an election year.
* New obstacles emerging for the rapid Iraq exit plan.
* US occupation in Iraq faces traditional Iraqi intelligence gathering.
* Nicholas Kristof announces the winners of the 'name that war' contest.
* Japanese launch of spy satellites fails.
* A theory on fixing campaign finance reform?
* Misusing intelligence, new reports on intelligence failures, and myths about intelligence.
* Annan says Israeli wall is illegal.
* Now is the time of the true conservative victory.
* Possible link between C-sections and stillbirths in second pregnancy.
* UV can help 'sick buildings.'
* Disney prepares a second wave of big budget musicals for Broadway.
* Transgender population in DC organizes.
* "Brand strategy flushed out early the fact that ham didn't offer us anything in terms of communicating fighting spirit."