Also, in 1978, 916 people died in the mass suicide/mass murder at the Peoples Temple in Jonestown, Guyana.
* Israeli military increasingly critical of tactics used against Palestinians.
* The US military alters its plans for future conflicts, but still doesn't adequately cover postwar stabilization.
* The new energy bill is all about kickbacks to Bush's campaign contributors in the oil and gas sectors.
* Paul Krugman's straight talk about the mutual fund scandal.
* MoveOn.org gaining strength and credibility.
* DeLay turns his wicked eye on New York.
* Interesting idea on the rising cost of pharmaceuticals being linked to doctors' continuing education.
* Drug use in sports destroying our illusion of fair play.
* There's only two types of popular women's magazines on the racks.
* Sure, but will popular art shows at a "museum chain" work?
Incidentally, the cpunks/cpunks login at NYTimes.com has stopped working, so I created cheetahmaster/cheetahmaster for anyone who doesn't want to get their own account there, for whatever reason.