* Quietly, the death penalty becomes less and less prevalent.
* "Basically, there is no reason at all for the government to single out farmers for special support, as opposed to any other kind of business owners."
* Good read: how the internet age changed national security efforts.
* Richard Posner on thorny Supreme Court rulings, plus more on the term from Emily Bazelon here.
* Scandal not working out the way you hoped? Move the goalposts.
* How the Egyptian god Bes became the face of the Christian Devil.
* Will YouTube ever rival television channels?
* Something you didn't realize was missing: the romantic comedy.